The beauty of small town living...

My photo
Bomont, West Virginia, United States
When you have no idea what you're doing, somebody else will ... or at least make something up & run with it.

Monday, July 31, 2006

CAROLENE MARIE SAMPLES

Somewhere in Heaven, our mother sings ...
For on this day, she earns her wings

Bomont, WV- Carolene Marie Samples, 68, of Bomont, WV entered into rest Sunday, July 30, 2006. Meeting her at the Gates of Glory were her parents, Dorothy and Lee Shaffer and her brothers, Edward and Lawrence Shaffer.

Carolene recently returned to West Virginia to be with her family after spending several years in California and most recently, New Bern, NC where she was active with the Ladies Auxiliary of the local VFW post. She leaves a void in the hearts of many dear friends there.

Carolene leaves behind her children, Donald McNeiland of Grand Cayman Islands, Alan McNeiland of South Carolina, Rose Cantrell of Bomont, WV, Ty Samples of Rainelle, WV, and Arthur “Sparky” Samples of North Carolina. She also leaves behind her grandchildren, Joshua, Adam, Savannah, Melody, Montana, Bradley, Tori, Cierra, Shana, Kevin, Michael and James as well as her sister, Kay of Texas and her brother Bill of Elkview.

Service will be 4pm Tuesday, August 1, 2006 at Pine Grove Church, Fraziers Bottom, WV with burial following in the church cemetery. Friends may call from 2pm until service time at the church. Online condolences may also be made at
www.chapmanfuneralhomes.com. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions be made to the American Cancer Society, 301 RHL Boulevard, Charleston, WV 25309.

Carolene touched the hearts of all she met and enriched the lives of many. The world is a dimmer place without her smile in it, but Heaven just got a little brighter.

Chapman Funeral Home, 3941 Teays Valley Road, Hurricane, WV is in charge of arrangements.

10 comments:

SmileyTD said...

Rose, I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. It's always very difficult to lose someone you're close to, someone you love, but I cannot imagine what you are feeling right now. Words are more than likely not going to help, but I wanted to say that I am thinking of you and your family. *hugs*

"To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die." ~Thomas Campbell

Anonymous said...

Rose, We are sorry about the loss of your Mother.

Anonymous said...

Hold Strong young lady, cause thats what your mom would of wanted you to.

Anonymous said...

Rose, l regret that any of my comments might have added to your mothers problems. i sympathize with you in your loss. i moght add that i was led down the wrong path due to comments first made. and am still thourghly confused.

Anonymous said...

Rose, I am truly sorry for your loss. The girls and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Rose, Please give yourself and big bro Alan a hug from me. I am so sorry for your loss. Many, many years ago I spoke to your mom on a few occasions and she was always very sweet to me. I'm sure she must have thought I was a complete dork because I hung out with your brother Alan (just kidding Al), but she was nice to me anyway.

Peace to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Ms Rose I am truly sorry to hear of the loss of your Moma also and I know it will leave a void that no words can fill. May the Great Spirit touch your family at this time.

Anonymous said...

Rose, you are so precious to us through these bloggs. Please know that we are sorry for the loss of your Mother but be comforted in knowing she has Gone Home. ♥♥♥♥♥

ROSE said...

Thank you all for your prayers, kind words, support, EVERYTHING.

My mom was staying here with us until she could find an apartment of her own. She was waiting for a senior apartment & I thank God now that the waiting lists for those places are so long.

She lived in NC for the past several years & moved up here with me in April. These past 4 months have provided memories we kids & grandkids will cherish forever. Had circumstances not brought her here, we wouldn't have that. For that, I'm so very, very grateful. God truly works in mysterious ways, I guess.

Mama was Pixee on here. She got a lot of great laughs from this blog. When she first got here, she was so desperately in need of laughter. Thanks to all who helped provide it.

Please continue to keep my family and me in your prayers.

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you all from my lil part of the world.

If you need me, please don't hesitate to call.

Continued prayers and brighter days,

Christal